Summarized from the Prologue to The Worship Sourcebook:*
1. Christian worship should be biblical.
- worship includes prominent readings of Scripture
- worship presents & depicts God's being, character, & actions consistent with how Scripture does
- worship obeys explicit biblical commands about worship
- worship heeds scriptural warnings about false/improper worship
- worship focuses primary attention where the Bible does--on Jesus
2. Christian worship should be dialogic.
- God speaks through the Spirit, and we respond in a variety of ways
- worship is initiated by God
- worship balances attentive listening and honest speech